Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I'm finally caught up on the Scenic BOM that I started a week or two ago. It started on October, and tonight I finally finished the last block I needed to catch up on, November. It took a while for me to figure out what fabric I wanted for this block. It also took a while for me to get motivated on this one because it was my least favorite of all the blocks so far, so I put it off to the end. I think it ended up coming up cute.
Monday, January 12, 2009
It's completely different than most of the quilts we've made. We have a very similar quilting style. We both tend to gravitate towards the more modern, funky fabrics and colors.
On another note, I'm excited that Jim Rice got voted into the hall of fame today. As a die-hard Red Sox fan my entire life, this made me very happy. Congrats Jim! (like he reads this blog...)
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- Machine quilt and finish all my unfinished quilt tops
- Do all the Carol Doak Yahoo Group Scenic Block of the Months (more about this below)
- Make a quilt for my mom (she's been asking for one for a while)
- Teach my mom to quilt (she's been wanting to join us for a little while now and it's about time we get her going...)
- Use as many fabrics and patterns from my stash as possible
- Spend more attention to color tones and values and how I use them in my quilts
- Finish our wedding guest book (we had people sign quilt squares instead of the traditional guest book)
- Name and Label all of my quilts (I know, I know... this is something I should be doing anyway)
Sunday, January 4, 2009
So I decided to shorten the quilt that I blogged about last time instead of making the cross in the center of the quilt. I'm happy with my decision. What I'm probably going to do is take some of the extra four-patches and incorporate them into the border somehow, possibly floating around the side.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I've just been knocking them out lately. I guess that's what happens when you're on vacation and your husband is working.