Prior to getting together, I did some pre-work and cut a bunch of strips so that I could spend more time sewing and less time cutting.
Here's a picture of my first block and KK's first block. We both decided to use just two fabrics for an interesting, dynamic quilt.
Lynn was doing a scrappy look with some blues, greens, and yellows paired with black and white fabrics. Things were coming along nicely, but when she started to arrange the blocks together, things just didn't pop. We realized that she needed more contrast, so we went and explored her stash. We picked out some darker blues and brighter yellows that really helped.
THEN... I pulled out a few orange fabrics and WHAM, that's what the quilt needed. Here we are auditioning different oranges with the blues, greens, and yellows. You can see one of the quarter squares in the bottom right of this picture that just didn't go. Ok, it went, but it just didn't make things pop. Look at how those colors work together now!Here's a close up of us auditioning all the fabrics. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
And finally, here's a picture of the four blocks I was able to finish. I finished another 3 last night when I got home. I have a lot of pieces sewn together, so while it doesn't look like I got a lot done, I really did. I'm loving how just the two fabrics work together.