Last week I finished the Milano bag using an Art Gallery kit. Believe it or not, this was the first bag I've ever made. I've always just made quilts, but I wanted a quicker project, so I decided to try my hand at a bag.
My biggest issue was that the cording that was supposed to slide into the handles wouldn't fit. I was even sparse on the measurements when sewing just to make sure it would fit. Oh well, the handles just aren't as stiff as they were supposed to me.
All in all, I'm fairly happy with how everything came out. I'm sure my next bag will take a lot less time since I know know what the patterns are referring to when they talk "bag terms." I know this won't be my last bag, but I'm not going to drop my quilting and start making all bags.
I love it!! Great job!ReplyDelete