Although I don't have any pictures yet to post, I figured I'd post an updated on the progress I made this weekend. I finally spent more than an hour at my machine on Sunday with the baseball games on in the background making progress on some of my many projects. I have a list of about 20 different projects that I'm currently working on in some stage or another, and that includes tops that need to be quilted, so it's not as bad as it sounds.
Projects I worked on:
1. Quilted more of my Bento Box top. I'm probably about 1/3 of the way done quilting this top. I'm doing a lot of straight lines and I'm going to go back and quilt in a bunch of wavy lines in between the straight ones.
2. I finished sewing the nine patches for my Figgy Pudding Disappearing Nine Patch, re-cut them, and sewed them together. I ordered some white fabric that should be arriving today to use for sashing and the border so I can finish this top off. I used 2 Moda Figgy Pudding charm packs for this quilt.
3. I worked on my Fire and Ice quilt from the Carol Doak class I took last month. I still have some work on this one, but progress is progress.
4. I sewed together all the strips for the last batch of nine patches for my Asian blooming nine patch and cut them into strips. Now I just need to sew the 3 strips together to form the final nine patch grouping.
5. Did some cutting on a Halloween quilt I'm designing using Moda's Spooktacular line that I just love. I'm starting to consider designing some patterns using different types of pre-cuts, so this is one of my experiments.
I also decided that there's no way I'm going to make a dent in all of the quilt tops that I have while continuing to work on other projects, so I decided to send my Autumn quilt out to be quilted by a long arm. It's such a big quilt anyway, so it would have been difficult using my machine as it is. I'm going to have the quilter do an all over leaf pantograph on it. I'm using this quilt as a test to see how I like her work so that once I finish this blooming nine patch for my cousin's wedding I can potentially have her quilt that one as well.
Sounds like in spite of the great amount of projects you have going, you're making good progress. Looking forward to pics!ReplyDelete