Last weekend I was rushing to finish this quilt so I could enter it in Quilter's Way's color challenge for the month of June.
The pattern layout was a bit different than how I finished this quilt. I decide to pair the fabrics from the challenge bundle and create six blocks. The original pattern was much more random, but I wanted to make it a bit more structured.
The pattern was pretty easy to construct. Just a bunch of squares and triangles.
I machine quilted this on the longarm using an all over square and straight line meander.
You can really see the texture in this shot, which I love.
I decided to bind this quilt in Kona Lipstick. I wanted a different color for the binding and thought a nice, bright red would be the perfect compliment to the rest of the colors.
I used Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen in Steel for the backing, which blends nicely with the So Fine! gray thread that I used for the quilting.
This quilt finishes at 48" x 72"and was made using a solid fat quarter bundle pulled by Quilter's Way and an RJR solid for the background.