So I decided to shorten the quilt that I blogged about last time instead of making the cross in the center of the quilt. I'm happy with my decision. What I'm probably going to do is take some of the extra four-patches and incorporate them into the border somehow, possibly floating around the side.
Here are a few pictures of my progress. The first picture is of all of my four patches that will be going into the quilt. The second one is a picture of the solid square and stripe strips. The third is about 2/3 of the top pieced together. I still have a few more rows to stitch together.
Once I finish this top I'm really going to start focusing on machine quilting some of the tops that I've accumulated. Last year was the first time that I began machine quilting my quilt tops. I'm still somewhat new to it, but I'm getting the hang of it. I've been holding off quilting several tops until I'm much better at it. I think I'm going to tackle the "One Block Wonder" quilt that I made a while back. If you haven't tried it, I'd highly recommend it. It was super easy and you'll never look at fabric the same way. The best thing about it is that you can piece it together in rows. Below are a couple of pictures of that quilt. It was originally a tropical piece of fabric that has been transformed into this quilt. As I'm piecing the quilt shown above I've been thinking of how I want to quilt this quilt. I'm thinking it's suited for some meandering or swirls... basically an all over pattern.
It's back to work tomorrow. :( I've enjoyed being able to spend so much time quilting during my vacation. I probably won't be posting quite as much since I'm starting a new role tomorrow and don't quite know what to expect.