Thursday, February 14, 2013

One Block Wonder Progress

I finally got around to quilting my One Block Wonder quilt as part of my February goal to complete a project.  This has also been on my to-quilt list for the Boston MQG WIP challenge. I made the top back in 2008 and its just been sitting around, waiting to be finished.


The quilt top just didn't lay flat, but I managed to quilt most of that out and I am pleased to say that this quilt actually lays pretty flat now.



This is the back that I made.  I don't usually make pieced backings, but I wanted to showcase the floral print on the back that was used to make the front of the quilt.  It's fun to see what the fabric looked like before it was chopped up and transformed into what you see on the front.


I quilted it using Angela Walters' flower design using a green So Fine! thread.  I'm really pleased with how the quilting turned out.

Now I need to pick out a fabric to use for the binding and finish this baby off.  I'm hopeful to have it done in the next few days.  

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous finish!!! I LOVE all those flowers:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing a stunning WIP! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A masterpiece. And I love the back! Congratulations on such a wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful. I'm so glad you finished, it deserved a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I quilted one of these and know how much piecing and arranging goes into this pattern. My friend told me she worked really hard to get her blocks "just right" for the finished design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't it feel wonderful to complete a quilt that has been a UFO for a long time! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to have it almost completed. Hope you find your perfect binding so that you can finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors in this quilt are just so amazing. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete