When I got home, I realized I grabbed the wrong kit. :( It was the same pattern, but had some slightly different fabrics. I thought it was the same one, but it wasn't. I had picked the package that was in better shape. Because I wasn't too keen on the fabrics/colors in this quilt, it went into my pile of fabric and was forgotten for a while.
Well, yesterday I pulled out the kit and decided that it was time to put this thing together. There's one fabric in there that I would NEVER have picked. It's a really burnt or rust colored orange. (seen below) I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but orange has to be my least favorite color. I like it with some other color combinations, but it just doesn't do much for me. I thought about replacing the fabric with another one from my stash, but I realized that I would never use it in anything else, so why not use it now.
Here are a few pictures of my progress. It calls for two more frames around the diamond and some sashing in between the 20 blocks. It's definitely going to be an autumn quilt.
The next color to go on is a green, followed by a gold, then some deep gray sashing. More on that later.