Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Border & Binding

Tonight I got the inner and outer border put on one of my UFOs.  You might recognize it from the pic in my profile.  At the time I made my profile this was one of the few quilts I had a picture of.  I've been trying to get some of my UFOs done so that I can begin to work on some new stuff.  It has been bothering me lately to see a stack of unfinished tops.  

I made this quilt entirely out of my stash, and out of a lot of small scraps.  All of the flowers were made from scraps (well, not the green, but the "petals" in each flower were scraps). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this quilt, whether or not I'm going to keep it or give it away.  It was one of those quilts that I had everything for and could use up some scraps.  

I'm going to work on sewing the binding on the back of the "box of roses" quilt.  I haven't sewn it on over the past two days because I finally found the thread that I was sewing with.  My silly cat found it (he always seems to find any thread spool that's not in some place extremely secure.  I had wrapped the thread up in the quilt to shield it from him, yet he still found it.  I discovered it tonight as I was cooking dinner tucked in deep next to the fridge.  Silly cat.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the finished quilt top! Cats do that sometimes. They always seem to find something that you are hiding, only for you to find it where you least expect it.