Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finished Quilting "Box of Roses" YAY!!!

I finally finished all of the quilting on the "Box of Roses" quilt.  THANK GOODNESS!!!  This was, hands down, the most difficulty I've had with machine quilting.  

 This one is a little darker, but it shows the quilting a little better.

I plan on using different thread next time.  I've always used Gutterman thread, but I think I'm trying something different.  I'm hoping that will solve my issues because I know it's not my machine.  I've been doing little projects in between quilting this one to keep my sanity.

Now it's on to the binding and creating a label. :)

I also added a floating, pieced border to the top and bottom of the bright quilt that's still nameless.  I think it's helping with the dimensions.  Before it was too stubby and needed to be a little bit longer to make the proportions work.  
I still need to add the orange swirl fabric on top of the floating squares to finish the top and bottom borders.  To finish it off, I'm going to put probably a 5 inch strip of the orange swirl fabric to the sides.  

1 comment:

  1. You did a fantastic job quilting your box of roses quilt! Doesn't it feel good to have that part complete. I am absolutely loving your nameless quilt. Must be the bright, cheerful colors.